You might already know that a nice cup of ginger tea can warm the body, stop minor aches and pains, and ease digestion and tummy upsets.
Ginger’s capacity to reduce inflammation, improve your immune system and help with digestion is well documented. Ginger is a rich source of several essential oils that give it super flavor and potent healing ability. Essential oils like zingerone, shagaol, and gingerol, besides smelling good, are powerful anti-viral, anti-parasitic, anti-inflammatory, and anti-bacterial compounds that relieve nausea and pain AND help prevent asthma and cardiovascular diseases.
Furthermore, drinking ginger tea regularly can:
- Reduce the risk of stroke;
- Fight cold and flu;
- Stop headaches;
- Relieve minor aches and pains;
- Reduce arthritis pain;
- Fight against cold sores;
- Improve circulation;
- Improve bodily distribution of vitamins and minerals;
- Improve immune system function;
- Help fight infections;
- Help to dissolve or prevent the formation of kidney stones;
- Cleanse the liver;
- Help to reduce the risk of certain types of cancer!
Start today by making your own healthy ginger tea right in your own kitchen. Try out the following recipe:
- 1 cup (8 ounces) water;
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger;
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric;
- Coconut milk;
- Organic honey.
A super easy recipe to make at home. Simply boil the water and add the powdered ginger and turmeric. Allow to simmer for 7 to 10 minutes, covered. Turn off the fire and leave it for another two minutes, then strain into a cup. Add coconut milk and honey according to your taste. Enjoy!
Aim for 2 cups or more per day for best results.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- Juice Cures Headache, Depression, Stress… 18 Recipes for 18 Common Illnesses - July 15, 2019
- 7 Pain Management Alternatives to Medications - July 12, 2019
- My Partner is Transitioning to a Different Gender - July 11, 2019