What is Testosterone?
Before we get into how to tell if your testosterone levels are low, let’s first take a step back and answer the question “what is testosterone?” Testosterone is a hormone that’s produced by the testicles in men and, to a lesser extent, the ovaries in women. It plays an important role in sexual development, bone and muscle growth, and mood regulation. If you think you may have a testosterone deficiency, think about getting tested from Welzo. There are treatments available that can help bring your testosterone levels back to normal.
In men, testosterone levels typically peak during adolescence and early adulthood and then gradually decline with age. By the time most men reach their 50s and 60s, their testosterone levels have decreased by about 20% or more from what they were when they were younger. This gradual decrease is a normal part of aging and isn’t usually a cause for concern. However, sometimes testosterone levels can drop suddenly or more significantly than normal due to certain health conditions or medications. This can lead to a range of symptoms, including those mentioned above.
Warning that you have low testosterone levels:
- Low libido. One of the most common signs of low testosterone levels is a decrease in sex drive or libido. If you’re no longer interested in sex or if your erections are not as strong as they used to be, it could be a sign that your testosterone levels are low.
- Erectile dysfunction. Another common symptom of low testosterone is erectile dysfunction (ED). This is when you have difficulty achieving or maintaining an erection long enough to have sexual intercourse.
- Fatigue and decreased energy levels. Feeling tired all the time could also be a sign of low testosterone levels. You may find yourself feeling more fatigue than usual or not having the energy to do things that you used to enjoy doing, such as working out or playing sports.
- Depression and irritability. Some men with low testosterone report feeling depressed or anxious. They may also experience mood swings and irritability. If you’re feeling down or out of sorts for no apparent reason, it could be due to low testosterone levels.
Besides, there are other factors that can cause a man’s testosterone levels to dip, such as an underlying medical condition or certain medications. Low testosterone levels can cause a host of problems, including fatigue, weight gain, moodiness, and a decreased sex drive.
If you’re experiencing any of the following signs, it’s time to take a testosterone blood test UK.
- You’re feeling more tired than usual
- You’ve gained weight, especially around your midsection
- You’ve lost muscle mass
- Low sex drive
- You’re having difficulty achieving or sustaining an erection
- Your erections aren’t as strong as they used to be
- You’re experiencing hair loss on face and body
- You’re feeling more irritable or moody than usual
- Your concentration and memory have declined
- You have low energy levels
- A decrease in seminal fluid volume
- Increased breast size
- Difficulty concentrating
Of course, these symptoms could also be caused by other health conditions or medications. That’s why it’s important to talk to your doctor if you’re concerned that you might have low testosterone levels. They can perform a blood test to check your hormone levels and help you determine whether or not treatment is necessary.
If you experience any of the above symptoms, it’s possible that you have low testosterone levels. However, the only way to know for sure is to get your hormone levels checked by a doctor. Once you know your testosterone levels, you and your doctor can work together to develop a treatment plan that will help you feel your best.
Although it’s often thought of as a “male” hormone, testosterone plays an important role in both men’s and women’s health. Checkout Welzo to learn more about men’s health. In men, it helps regulate sexual development, bone and muscle growth, and mood. Testosterone levels typically peak during adolescence and early adulthood before gradually declining with age. However, sometimes they can drop suddenly due to certain health conditions or medications. If you think your hormone levels might be low, look out for common signs like fatigue, erectile dysfunction, and irritability. If you’re concerned, perform a blood test to check your hormone levels and we can help you determine whether treatment is necessary.