It is a commonly known fact that carrots are beneficial for a person’s health, especially for the eyes. However, did you know that eating carrots is also useful for hair growth?
Yes, carrots are beneficial for adding thickness to your hair. Plus, they also help make your hair grow at a faster rate. And since hair loss is a common problem it’s important to know that there are many ways and treatments to help you deal with this problem.
You can either choose to eat one carrot per day, or you can opt to drink carrot juice if you want to see instant results in the texture and growth of your hair.
Sounds amazing, doesn’t it? Let get to know more about carrots.
Why Are Carrots Effective?
The reason why carrots contribute towards hair growth is that they contain vitamins and minerals such as phosphorous, fiber, vitamin K, vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium and vitamin B1, B3, B3, and B6.
All of these nutrients are beneficial for your hair and skin. Moreover, they also help in delaying the process of aging and improve your eyesight.
Benefits Carrots Provide to Hair
If you’ve been holding off eating carrots because you thought they’re only good for providing you with fiber, which you can get from other sources too, then you should start eating these delicious vegetables.
They are excellent for stimulating hair growth. Eating them will results in lustrous hair with a smooth and silky texture. Carrots improve the circulation of blood to your scalp which in turn, strengthens the hair roots.
These vegetables also do a good job in preventing hair fall as well as breakage. Furthermore, carrots will also shield your hair from external damaging factors such as rough weather and pollution, allowing them to retain their beauty.
Treating Your Hair With Carrots
There are different methods by which you can treat your hair using carrots. The three most well-known methods are mentioned below.
But before you decide to start the treatment, make sure that you store carrots at home so that you can repeat the treatment regularly.
1. Pre-Shampoo Treatment
If you are bored of oiling your hair on a daily basis and not getting results, you should try out this pre-shampoo treatment. You will require up to two carrots depending on the length of your hair.
- Cut the carrots into small pieces and then mix the pieces with honey, olive oil, essential oil, and coconut oil.
- Once the ingredients are blended well, heat the mixture for a maximum of three minutes.
- Next, blend the mixture with curd. You need to make sure the mixture blends well; it should appear similar to a smoothie.
- Now, apply the mixture to your hair roots and then work your way up to the tips.
- Let the mixture stay on your hair for at least 25 minutes. Then, using a good shampoo, rinse out the mixture thoroughly with lukewarm water.
Doing this twice a week will provide you with amazing results including increased hair growth and shine.
2. Carrot Oil
Making carrot oil is the second method you can try for healthier hair. For this, you’ll need some grated carrots. You can use any standard grater for this.
- Grate a couple of carrots, depending on how much oil you want. Don’t go overboard on your first try.
- Once you grate the carrots, keep them in a sterilized jar. Add olive oil, castor oil, or coconut oil.
- Now, keep the mixture away from light for seven days.
- When the oil changes its color and becomes orange, you can compost the carrots and keep the oil in a new clean container.
- Keep the oil applied for around thirty minutes for effective results before rinsing it off.
The carrot oil treatment not only strengthens the roots but also makes the hair healthier. Moreover, it’ll also help prevent hair breakage and split ends.
3. Carrot Hair Mask
This is another efficient method which boosts hair growth. For making such a hair mask, you’ll need a carrot and a peeled banana.
- Cut both of them into pieces and mix them with olive oil.
- Now using curd and a blender, blend the mixture thoroughly until it becomes a paste. Take care that the paste is not extra thick otherwise you will have difficulty when it comes to washing it out.
- Apply this mask all over your hair at let it stay for half an hour.
- Once the time is up, use a regular shampoo to wash it off.
The carrots present in the mask will stimulate your hair growth and prevents breakage while the banana will make the hair silky and smooth.
Carrots are highly beneficial for hair growth because of the numerous nutrients they possess. Make sure to share this article if you enjoyed it, and don’t hesitate to ask any questions in the comments section.
Author: Laura Bennett, founder and main editor of HumidGarden.com