The food you eat is one of the key factors in determining your health. But food has an important role to play in determining your outside appearance, as well. Not only can you prevent a great deal of diseases by selecting a healthy diet, but you can also ensure you age with dignity and grace.
Dr. Joshua Zeichner continues that your diet has a direct influence on your everyday appearance, the scent released by your body and your aging manifestation. He further adds that the smart approach to aging consists of a diet rich in nutritious food with minerals and saturated acids, as well as antioxidants which protect your body from everyday stress.
Here are 7 healthy products which help you age ‘pretty’:
- Watermelon is rich with lycopene, the antioxidant which gives watermelons and tomatoes their red color and helps your skin repel UV damage, according to nutritionist Keri Glassman;
- Rosehip seeds are a great source of antioxidants like vitamin C, which prevents the appearance of wrinkles and dry skin. Rosehip also contains antosian which increases production of collagen and acids which lower inflammatory processes caused by UV damage;
- Coffee has bioactive ingredients which protect the skin against melanoma;
- Blueberry seeds your skin with vitamins C and E, the antioxidants which beautify your skin and fight against damage caused by free radicals;
- Your nails are made from proteins, so in a case of protein deficiency they could become easily breakable. Eggs are a good source of vitamin B-complex which metabolizes the protein’s amino acids and helps make your nails strong and elastic again;
- Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin E which make your hair’s natural color more rich and vivid;
- Melons contain beta carotene, vitamin A, which regulate hair growth, the closure of skin pores and containment of dandruff.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- How Medicare is Changing: What You Need to Know - June 25, 2019
- 10 Factors That Can Cause Infertility in Women - June 20, 2019
- Hair Loss In Men – Male Pattern Baldness and How You Can Control It - June 19, 2019