Australian cardiologists from the Wesley Medical center in Queensland have shown how an avocado (rich with fats) diet is better at regulating cholesterol than diet with reduced fats. In the research, 15 women adopted a diet with lots of carbs, a diet with reduced fats (less than 20% of fat calories) and a raw avocado diet rich in fats (37% of fat calories), each diet lasting for three weeks. Results showed that the avocado diet rich in fats reduced cholesterol twice as much as the diet with reduced fats. But what was more alarming is that the reduced fats diet reduced the useful HDL cholesterol by larger amounts than the bad LDL cholesterol.
These results showed consistent across several researches through which we learned that reduced fats diets are not a good option for reducing the nasty LDL cholesterol. They can actually worsen your general cholesterol and health condition by reducing the good HDL cholesterol, needed for regulating overall cholesterol and for protecting arteries. Products like avocado, almonds and olive oil on the other hand, attack only the bad LDL cholesterol. Researchers also point out that avocado,almonds and olive oil also protect your arteries by preventing oxidation damage which makes cholesterol dangerous.
The conclusion is that although olive oil, almonds and avocado are rich in fats, these are mostly monounsaturated fats that can regulate cholesterol and provide an amazing protection to our arteries. Instead of starving yourself, try to maintain a healthy and organic diet.
Here is a list of organic products that increase the levels of useful HDL cholesterol:
- Olive oil;
- Salmon mackerel, sardines, tuna and other fatty fish;
- Grapeseed oil;
- Fruits and veggies rich in vitamin C like paprika, broccoli and orange;
- Food rich with beta-carotene like carrots, spinach and broccoli;
- 10 Health Conditions and Illnesses Caused by Drug Addiction - January 25, 2022
- The Evolving Research on Dietary Facts: What You Need to Know for You and Your Family - January 20, 2022
- Dentists Office in Surrey BC Canada Vivant Dental: Finding the Best Dentist in Town - January 13, 2022