You’ve heard it: Abs are made in the kitchen. And it couldn’t be truer! Below are a few foods with fat-burning properties to help you with the dreaded task of losing belly fat and overall weight loss. Just remember: no one food alone can do the job. You need to have a plan and a purpose. Make sure you are eating the proper amount of calories for your body and do ab workouts regularly as well!
Here are a few foods to help get you on the right track to a flat belly and a slimmer summer.
1. Oats with Cinnamon: One of the biggest benefits of eating oatmeal is the effect it has on reducing the low-density lipoprotein (LDL) in your body, the “bad” cholesterol. The soluble fiber in oatmeal helps reduce the absorption of cholesterol into your bloodstream. Oats are great to start your day. They will help keep you feeling full, while the cinnamon has natural thermionic properties, increasing your metabolism.
2. Grapefruit: Grapefruit has compounds that can reduce insulin levels, which means your body can more efficiently use food for energy rather than storing it as fat, thus improving your metabolism. Grapefruit is also packed with fiber, keeping you full longer and reducing the likelihood of mindless snacking.
3. Red Peppers: It turns out that consuming red pepper can help manage appetite and burn more calories after a meal. Peppers contain capsaicin which can reduce hunger and increase energy expenditure – burning those stubborn calories.
4. Almonds: Almonds are a nutrient-dense food that provides healthful monounsaturated fat, protein, and fiber, which together contribute to making you feel full and kicking your metabolism. And they are clinically proven to help you lose weight.
5. Salmon: Salmon is loaded with omega-3 fatty acids, which is beneficial for fat loss (learn more about Omega-3 Fatty Acids and their health benefits here). Further still, nutrient-dense foods like salmon are key to successful weight loss, as their lean protein helps promote satiety to curb cravings between meals.
6. Avocado: While avocados are considered a fat, they are a healthy fat, which your body needs to use as energy! Avocados and avocado oil have a proven ability to lower cholesterol, quell hunger pangs and, wait for it, reduce belly fat, making them a perfect dietary staple for weight loss.
7. Blueberries: Blueberries are loaded with antioxidants and great for a healthy, low calorie snack! Eating blueberries may help you lose belly fat, lower cholesterol, and improve glucose control providing benefits in terms of weight loss and your health.
8. Green tea: Natural caffeine can help speed up your metabolism and keep you energized to burn more calories throughout the day. But it’s not only the caffeine. A new study found that even decaffeinated green tea affects your weight! Plus, green tea contains antioxidants to help rid your body of toxins.
9. Chicken: Because chicken has no carbs and very little fat, many dieters rely primarily on chicken for their protein needs. Whether you prefer the breast or a skinless thigh or leg — which are similar in low-fat content — chicken is an excellent source of lean protein and has essential nutrients, including iron and zinc!
10. Sweet potato: Sweet potatoes are great for regulating your blood sugar levels while promoting a better, faster metabolism. They are a high-fiber food and are another foolproof way to control hunger as fiber helps you feel fuller. Being a great source of Vitamin A, which helps boost immunity and benefits your eyesight, skin, and bone health, sweet potatoes are incredibly healthy, too.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- How Many Days per Week Should You Exercise? - May 17, 2019
- How Long Does Teeth Whitening Last? - May 16, 2019
- 6 Common Causes of Pelvic Pain And Their Treatment - May 13, 2019