Ayurvedic therapy focuses on finding the problem’s fundamental cause rather than treating the signs. Panchakarma treatment is used in Shodhan to do total body detoxification. Diet, herbal treatment, and lifestyle adjustments are part of the shaman’s toolkit for re-establishing harmony among the Doshas. Patients who have already had the first detox procedure benefit the most.
In addition to medical science, Ayurveda is also a philosophy. It’s a way of life, too. As a result of these fundamental principles, age related macular degeneration treatment is based on understanding the human system and its unique character. Ayurveda emphasizes the importance of treating the patient as a whole rather than just the sickness itself. Because each person is unique in body, mind, and spirit, no two individuals with the same condition will ever get the same therapy.
There is no chemically synthesized form of Ayurvedic medicine since it is processed in a very natural method. There are no side effects even if the medication is used for a long time since it is gentle on the body (however, if the medication is given incorrectly, it will nearly invariably lead to adverse results). To eliminate the fundamental reasons and avoid further health problems, Ayurvedic treatments must be adjusted to each individual’s requirements.
Ayurvedic Treatment for ARMD
The age related macular degeneration treatment in Ayurveda is an elaborate process that involves the elimination of toxins from the body. The most common Ayurveda remedies used in ARMD treatment include:
- Snehapana:Thiktha Ghrutha, or ghee infused with herbs, is one of Ayurveda’s most incredible remedies for treating macular degeneration, and it is provided orally for a set amount of time.
- Shirodhara:Using a perforated pot positioned above the head, the patient is given a steady stream of lukewarm therapeutic oil to pour over their foreheads. In Ayurveda, this is one of the most effective therapy for macular degeneration.
- Nasya:Medicated oil or herbal combination is sprayed into the nostrils after the face and neck have been pleated and warmed.
- Tharpana: Medicated ghee is heated and placed into the eyes, held in place by a herbal paste.
- Netradhara:Netra dhara is also part of Ayurveda’s therapy for macular degeneration. One of the most common methods of administering Netra dhara is directing tiny streams of herbal medication directly into the closed eye from a level.
- Virechana: Age related macular degeneration treatment has never been more effective than this procedure. Following the oleation of the interior and exterior skin, herbal remedies are administered.
Ayurvedic Eye Care Advice for ARMD
Following is some eye care advice for ARMD treatment:
- Taking breaks between work: For those who spend a lot of time in front of the computer or driving, it’s important to take regular breaks to allow your eyes to recover from the strain.
- Screen protection: Installing a protective screen over your computer display may shield you from potentially harmful radiation and reduce glare.
- Switching your eyes’ attention: If you find yourself reading a lot, take a few moments to gaze at something far away if you can. Every half an hour, take a break from reading and glance at anything in the room or out the window.
- Rosewater: Rinse your eyes with a solution made from five drops of pure rose water and 25-30 ml of distilled or filtered water. Ensure the water’s temperature is perfect. You may instantly alleviate any eye discomfort by using this solution.
- Wash your eyes with water: Another age related macular degeneration treatment for calming irritated eyes is to rinse them out with cool water. Splash water on your face the same way you would while washing your face, then open your eyes for a brief second to let the water enter your eyes.
- Castor oil: Eye discomfort may be easily alleviated with a few drops of castor oil. Before going to bed, place one drop of pure, unadulterated castor oil in each of your eyes. You should also massage castor oil into the bottoms of your feet (always wear socks made of old material to prevent the sheets from being stained).
- Using cold water to rinse: While washing your face in the early morning, you should first fill your mouth with cold water and then splash cold water in your eyes. It has long been believed that you should retain the water in your mouth after spraying cold water into your eyes. It has a cooling and cleansing impact on the eyes, making them feel awake, alert, and clean after using it.
Regarding age related macular degeneration treatment, Ayurvedic medicine is the go-to source. Eye problems are referred to as Drishti dosha in Ayurveda. Age-related macular degeneration is caused by an imbalance of Vata, Kapha, and Pitta doshas, according to Ayurveda. Although macular degeneration is a permanent disorder, Ayurvedic therapy offers rapid and effective alleviation and aids in managing its symptoms.