4. 3Rs (Rejuvenation-Regeneration-Recovery) Smoothie
If you are a fitness freak, you should consider having a smoothie post exercise. This one is designed to really help your body recover more quickly after a hard workout. This recipe makes 2 servings.
- 1 16-ounce bottle of cherry chia kombucha tea;
- 1 Cup of coconut water;
- 2 Cups of organic strawberries, greens removed;
- 1 Small, organic avocado skin removed and cut into chunks;
- 1 Teaspoon of turmeric powder;
- ½ Teaspoon of freshly grated ginger;
- 1 Pinch of black pepper (for absorption);
- 2 Cups of kale, stalks removed;
- 2 Teaspoons of raw, organic honey;
- 2 Tablespoons of hemp seeds.
Just put everything in your blender or food processor and blend until smoothie smooth. This recipe serves two.
5. I’m Just a Simple Green Smoothie
The perfect simple smoothie for people on the go. If you often find yourself on the go, just cut up everything the night before and watch as it whips together in a minute so you can take it with you.
- 1 Large avocado, peeled and cut into chunks;
- 1 Cup of kale leaves, torn into pieces (remove the stem);
- ½ Cup of frozen blueberries;
- ½ Cup of pineapple;
- 1 Cup of baby spinach;
- ½ Sliced cucumber;
- 1 Cup of coconut water.
Pour the coconut water into the blender and add the avocado, kale, blueberries, pineapple, spinach, and cucumber. Blend until smooth and serve immediately. This recipe makes two servings.
6. A Pear Walks Into a Detox Bar Smoothie
A terrific smoothie for detox and pear fans alike. Makes two servings or put half in the fridge as an afternoon snack.
- 3 Cups of coconut water;
- 2 Cups of organic pears, cored, cut into chunks and frozen (you can use any pear that is in season, but Comice pears are super sweet);
- 3 Cups of organic leaf lettuce (your choice);
- 1 Small avocado, peeled and pit removed;
- 2 Tablespoons of lemon juice;
- 2 Tablespoons of walnuts;
- 1 Teaspoon of real vanilla;
- 3 Medjool dates, pitted.
Just place everything into a blender or food processor and blend on high until smooth.
Read more on the next page.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- Defend yourself from postpartum depression being a new mother - October 2, 2019
- What Is Congenital Heart Disease? - September 23, 2019
- What You Need To Know About the Future of Healthcare - September 18, 2019