How about carrots for losing unwanted weight? Carrots are great diet food. They are low in calories and their nutrients can help you to lose weight. Let’s discuss five carrot recipes that will promote weight loss.
1. Roasted Carrot Avocado Salad
This salad will be a big help in your daily struggles to lose weight. It is rich in mono- saturated fats, which can prevent the expression of certain fat genes. It can be very helpful if you don’t want to add fat around your abdomen.
Nutritional profile: It provides 332 calories, 7.3 g fiber, and 2.3 g proteins
- Carrots: 2 carrots, Olive oil, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes;
- Vinaigrette: 1 chopped shallot, 2 cups of cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and salt;
- Salad: Small avocados and Arugula.
- In preheated oven, put carrots on the baking sheet and sprinkle olive oil. Add pepper, red pepper flakes and salt;
- Put the carrot mixture in the oven. Roast it for 40 minutes. It must be soft from outside and a little caramelized from inside;
- Blend the mixture of shallot, cilantro leaves, olive oil, garlic, red pepper flakes, red wine vinegar, and salt. Make a smooth paste;
- Toss these roasted carrots with cilantro mixture;
- Slice the avocado in small pieces and add to the carrots;
- Serve with arugula strewn on the top. Add salt and pepper as required.
2. Carrot Pineapple Smoothie
For detoxing your body, this carrot-pineapple smoothie is hard to beat. Citrus fruits contain natural fiber and they flush retained water from your body. They also facilitate the process of removing toxins from your body. This smoothie is rich in Vitamin A, potassium & Vitamin C.
Nutritional profile: It provides 93 calories, 0g fat, 2.7 g fiber, and 1.2 g protein
Required ingredients: baby carrots, orange juice, bananas, and pineapple.
- Peel the skin and slice carrots;
- Slice bananas and pineapple;
- Add carrots, banana, pineapple and orange juice in a blender;
- You will get a rich orange color smoothie.
3. Carrot Noodles with Thai Peanut Sauce
This Asian recipe is delicious, sweet and gluten free. Enjoy these carrot noodles for dinner tonight!
Nutritional profile: It provides 192 calories, 3.1 g fiber, and 8.8 g protein
- Tofu: Tofu, coconut oil and one tablespoon of soy sauce;
- Peanut sauce: coconut milk, peanut butter, red curry paste, lime juice, ginger, and garlic;
- Noodles: Coconut oil, red onion, red pepper, carrots in the shape of noodles, bean sprout, cilantro.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan. When you see heat rising from the pan, add tofu. Gently shake the pan for 30 seconds. Cook tofu for 5 minutes. Remove it from the pan and put soy sauce.
- Put all ingredients in a pot and keep it on a flame. Heat the sauce and allow the peanut butter to melt. Then, mix it with other ingredients and remove the pot;
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan. Add onions and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add red pepper and carrots to it with ¼ cup of water. Cover it with a lid and allow it to cook. Add sprouts and peanut sauce. Mix and pour tofu and cilantro. Enjoy it with peanuts.
4. Butternut Squash Carrot Soup
Nutrients present in this soup help your body fight heart disease, asthma, and weight gain. It further promotes healthy vision and skin.
Nutritional profile: It provides 210 calories, 3 g protein, and 3.4 g fiber
- Soup: Butternut squash, chopped carrots, bell pepper, garlic, shallot, olive oil, coconut milk and chicken/vegetable;
- Garlic bread: garlic bread, unsalted butter, garlic, basil and parmesan cheese.
- In preheated oven, place half of the squash on the baking sheet with all ingredients. Roast for 50-60 minutes. Then, remove all vegetables and blend them. Add red pepper and add liquid. Cook it on a low flame. Season it with salt and pepper;
- Mix unsalted butter, garlic, and basil. Apply it on bread slices with parmesan cheese. Put it in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes;
- Enjoy garlic bread with soup.
5. Garlic Roasted Carrots
This is a 5- minute recipe, great as a snack between meals, or even a light lunch on a hot summer day. You just need some carrots stored in your refrigerator. You might be thinking how to store carrots? First, remove green tops from carrots. Place them in water and simply store in the refrigerator.
Nutritional profile: It provides 90 calories, 2 g fiber, and 1 g protein.
In a preheated oven, roast carrots with olive oil, garlic, thyme and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper as required. Bake it for 35-40 minutes. Enjoy it with parsley.
Benefits of Carrot for Weight Loss
- Carrots are rich in fiber. It keeps you full;
- Carrots boost to take Vitamin C. It helps to burn fat during exercise;
- They are low in fat and rich in water;
- These carrot recipes maintain insulin sensitivity. It makes easier to lose weight.
For further reading, here are some helpful everyday weight loss tips that might help you to lose weight. In any case, carrots can be a potent weapon in having an obesity-free, healthy life and we hope these recipes help you to that goal.
- What to Do For a Sprain or Fracture - February 25, 2020
- What is the relationship between anxiety and high blood pressure? - February 23, 2020
- Exploring Dermal Fillers to Reduce the Effects of Aging - February 22, 2020