Shingles is a very common infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus. This same virus causes chickenpox. Patients with shingles get rashes with blisters all over their body. Some common parts in which shingles occur are the face, back, neck, and even on your buttocks.
Usually, the rash occurs on one particular side of the body. A red-colored rash is preceded by a weird kind of pain in the affected area.
Also known as Herpes Zoster Shingles is characterized by Blisters. Patients who already have a track record of having chickenpox in the past are prone to having shingles. This very common disease gives about 1 million cases per year in the USA alone.
SYMPTOMS OF SHINGLES
Besides a few of your symptoms that are visible and easy to identify. There are other symptoms that can go unnoticed. So, if you have shingles on buttocks then these might be some common signs:
- Red rash on in different areas, blisters and a lot of itching can be felt if shingles were to occur;
- Shingles can also cause a sensitivity to touch and a throbbing pain, numbness;
- Itching and burning in the area where the red rash is going to occur or already has occurred;
- A few uncommon symptoms which go hidden include headache, fatigue, dizziness, fever chills and sensitivity to light.
TREATMENT OF SHINGLES ON BUTTOCKS
People usually overcome singles within two to six weeks, but there are several treatment methods for this disease that can ease and speed-up recovery. If the disease is getting out of hand, you should make an appointment with your doctor. Once shingles are diagnosed, the doctor is likely to prescribe antiviral drugs, or other medication to relieve the symptoms.
In case your shingles are moderate and you think you would be able to handle the pain by yourself, there are some excellent home remedies available for treating shingles, like Calamine. You can even use cooling compresses on the area where the pain or itching of shingles is getting worse.
People with weak immune systems such as those who have HIV, leukemia and those who have been prescribed drugs, including steroids, might be more prone to the looming threat of shingles than others.
Shingles on buttocks nights and sound scary to begin with, but with abundant information and treatment procedures available everywhere, you can get well in no time. Besides, shingles vaccination has also become a very common solution nowadays. The vaccination is known as Shingrix, but people with weak immune systems are advised not to take it.
As soon as you notice red rashes around your body and start to feel that the symptoms of shingles rush to the doctor and start the healing procedure. If you are eligible for the vaccination of shingles, then get it. Otherwise, proper medication and rest advised by the doctor would be enough for your great recovery.
- 10 Health Conditions and Illnesses Caused by Drug Addiction - January 25, 2022
- The Evolving Research on Dietary Facts: What You Need to Know for You and Your Family - January 20, 2022
- Dentists Office in Surrey BC Canada Vivant Dental: Finding the Best Dentist in Town - January 13, 2022