Back pain is often due to an overused mattress or just the wrong type of mattress. Back pain often causes sleepless nights. It can also lead to a bad sitting and standing posture depending on your sleeping position.
Moreover, with the right kind of mattress, you can achieve a lot more than a restful night. You can prolong your health life by sleeping well and waking up even better, no matter your sleeping posture.
The right kind of mattress for back pain should be able to balance between comfort and back support. This is because a mattress that is too firm can cause pain on your pressure points. While one that is too soft can easily conform to your body to the point of distorting its proper alignment, which often hurts.
You can always do a sleep test to determine if the mattress will help you with back pain. Nevertheless, a medium-firm mattress often works for most. Besides, you should be well acquainted with the materials or construction of the mattress. Memory foam mattresses often work best for back pain or any sleep discomfort as they provide lumbar support, keeping the spine aligned with the neck.
Given that you spend loads of time sleeping, it is only wise to invest in a quality mattress for back pain. As it will determine how well you live and function for the rest of your life.
How Can Mattresses Help With Bad Back?
A quality mattress can really change the way you sleep and carry yourself on a daily basis. It can relieve your back from any stress caused by bad sleeping position, as it will limit constant tosses and turns. Even so, it will make you feel as if you are in the clouds, even with your partner next to you.
Moreover, it can also help with proper alignment of the spine as well as the neck and shoulder area. This often reduces your chances of getting migraines every now and then. It also reduces your chances of experiencing shoulder and neck pain, which can really affect the rest of your body, especially the upper part.
Besides, such mattresses should be in a position to provide the needed comfort as well as back support. It should not be too firm or too soft. You can always opt for medium-firm ones made from memory foam or coil springs. However, memory foam mattresses often work best for anyone regardless of their sleeping position. They also last for years, ten tops depending on the brand.
How to Choose the Best Mattress for Back Pain
When it comes to purchasing mattresses for back pain, you should try to invest in quality mattresses guaranteed to aid you with back pain issues.
Here are a few tips you can use to determine if the mattress will actually help you with back pain.
- Understand its main physical components– You should always familiarize yourself with the components and material construction of the mattress. This can vary from the number of inner springs and coils as well as memory foam construction. You can also consider its depth as well as its level of thickness, especially its top layer or pad. The more you know the easier it will be to identify what will work for your back pain
- Look for a mattress that has back support features– You should also consider its back support capabilities before buying. A medium-firm mattress has more back support than a soft or firm mattress. This is because it can help with spine alignment as well as with the support of your natural body curves. It will also help you with muscle soreness for a refreshed morning
- Ensure it achieves a balance between back support and comfort– You should also be comfortable when sleeping on a mattress with great back support features. A quality mattress is one that makes you feel as if you are floating on air no matter the sleeping position. It should not be too firm or too soft, medium-firm often works best for back issues
- Personal taste and preference– Your personal tastes and preferences should also be considered to ensure you get what you want. Sleep at times is mental and the better you feel about sleeping in a certain type of mattress the better you will be sleep. So, go for what you like and consider its back support features too
- Value as opposed to cost– You should always go for mattresses with quality constructions or materials no matter the price, especially where back support is concerned. The more it is valued the pricier it will be but it is not also a guarantee for effectiveness. But if it has top-notch materials then it will definitely work for your back as well as last for some years, eight tops
- Give it a test– Stores often allow buyers to sleep-test the mattress for a few minutes. This is not enough to determine if the mattress will be of use when it comes to back pain. You can try to sleep on different models and makes at friends’ homes as well as hotels to ensure it works for your back before buying it
Conclusively, mattresses often determine how well you sleep as well as wake-up. The better it is the better your night will be. You can always rely on any good mattress to adapt to your body shape no matter the position you opt to sleep in.
Moreover, you should always try to replace mattresses the point they start being uncomfortable or after every eight years. Ideally, you should know when you need a new one.
In addition, try to go for quality regardless of the price, as it will determine your overall health now and in the future. Mattresses are as important as any other furniture in your home. So, invest wisely especially if you have issues with your back. As such, pain have a way of lingering and becoming chronic, thus leading to other ailments as you age.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- Important tips that will help you to avoid catching the family cold - February 22, 2019
- Germs in the Gym - January 23, 2019
- Am I Addicted? Signs You Need to Help - November 21, 2018