9 Amazing and 3 Shocking things you never knew about Pineapples – Exceedingly Healthy AND Disturbingly Poisonous?

by Melissa Bell
1 minutes read



young pineapple

1. Pineapples can be Poisonous!

When unripe, the pineapple is not only inedible, but poisonous, irritating the throat and acting as a drastic purgative. Select carefully when buying fresh pineapples!

2. Fiber Balls in Your Bowels!

Excessive consumption of pineapple cores has caused the formation of fiber balls (bezoars) in the digestive tract! The pineapple core is usually discarded together with the skin and crown.

3. Pineapple and MISCARRIAGE/ABORTION!?!

As shocking as it sounds, not only can the flesh of very young (toxic) pineapple fruits cause miscarriage, it is deliberately ingested to achieve abortion in traditional and folk medicine. It can also be used to expel intestinal worms and as a drastic treatment for venereal diseases.


But do not let the last few discoveries leave a bitter taste in your mouth. On the contrary, pineapples are incredibly tasty and exceedingly healthy when used in an educated way. So educate by spreading the word to your friends and family by sharing this article!


Related Articles