Skin tags are small wart-like soft, skin-colored growths that tend to hang off the skin. They are most common among older folks, pregnant women, obese and type 2 diabetic patients.
Skin tags consist of blood vessels and loose collagen fibre all surrounded by skin. Growing in skin folds, where the skin is likely to rub against itself like under the breast, on the neck area, armpits, eyelids, around your groin and under the folds of your buttocks.
As much as they are harmless, they still need to be safely removed from your skin, especially if they are affecting your self-esteem, snagging on your jewelry or clothes or bleeding. Nevertheless, in some cases, it can fall off due to lack of enough blood supply. Its tissues will twist and eventually die, leaving your skin, skin tag free.
However, you can also play a part in limiting its growth on your body by eating a healthy diet that can help keep your blood sugar low as well as dressing appropriately like not wearing necklaces or tight clothes that rub against your skin, hence leading to skin friction.
Nonetheless, if they occur you can remove them with some safe home remedies and products. You just have to familiarize yourself with the basics of each skin tag remover before using it.
Here are some top five DIY skin tag remover.
1. SkinPro EXTREME Skin Tag Remover & Mole Corrector
This is the best skin tag remover for warts, moles, skin tags and other skin growths likely to occur on your skin. It has mega power and contains 25% pure Salicylic Acid concentration, making it one of the best topical skin care treatment in the current market.
Moreover, it is one of the safest and highly cost-effective solutions to removing skin tags at home without any pain. You can use its Ultra Fibre Brush to apply it. It works by shedding the outer skin layers and penetrating the inner skin layers, targeting the source for a permanent removal.
Its top ingredients include Salicylic Acid, SD Alcohol, Propylene Glycol, Melaleuca Alternifolia Leaf Oil or Tea Tree Oil and Hydroxyethylcellulose.
How to use:
- Use warm water to wash the affected area and dry it, before applying two coats of the treatment using its ultra fibre Let the solution dry in between the coat application.
- Repeat this procedure until the skin tag is removed. Do it once or twice in a day, for up to 12 weeks.
2. TagBand Removal Device
This device is very safe and healthy to use. You can use it to tie off a skin tag without the risk of any skin infections or irritations.
Besides, you can buy it depending on the size of your skin tag, be it small, large or medium-sized.
How to use:
- Put the small band on the device and push it towards the top, so that it is ready for application.
- Place the hollow coned part of the device on top of the skin growth and push the band off towards the edge.
- It will fall in place around the skin tag stalk preventing blood and oxygen flow. The skin tag will not survive for a week, and eventually, fall off within 7-10 days.
- Do not disturb the band during the removal process.
3. Wart Mole Vanish Skin Tag Remover Kit
This remover works in one easy application and removes all sorts of skin tags, genital warts as well as syringomas. The cream corrects several skin conditions that would have required a very pricey dermatologist.
This kit includes an applicator you can use to apply the cream to the affected areas. However, you should use an alcohol wipe to clean the area before you start applying it.
How to use:
- Rough the region with the accompanying file, before applying the cream. You will feel a tolerable sting depending where you are removing the skin tag.
- A small scab will form. Do not disturb it. You can wipe the cream formula after 20 minutes.
- The skin tag will take 2-3 weeks to fall off.
- Apply some Aloe Vera to soothe and help with the skin healing process. The area will gradually return to your normal skin tone.
4. Apothecary Australian Tea Tree Oil
This skin tag remover is 100% natural and organic, removing skin tags gradually without any pain, scarring, infections or bleeding. It takes time but is highly reliable.
Besides, it has high-quality ingredients for medicinal purposes. It is both an antibacterial, antibiotic and anti-inflammatory essential oil.
Moreover, it is the best choice for those with sensitive skin tones that are prone to allergic reactions.
How to use:
- Soak small cotton swab in it and apply thrice on a daily basis.
- You can cover the affected area with a Band-Aid for better absorption but it is not necessary.
- The skin tag will dry and fall off after a couple of months of daily consistent applications.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar
You can use Apple Cider Vinegar, ACV, to remove skin tags in any part of your body. The acidity of the ACV will break down the skin tag cells, by compromising on it living structure. It will eventually shrink and fall off on its own. It takes time but works without any risks to your skin.
How to use:
- Soak a cotton ball in ACV and run it on the stalk and acrochordon of your skin tag.
- Leave it untouched to soak. You can then rinse it or let it dry, but covered with a Band-Aid.
- Repeat the procedure 2-3 times daily, until the skin tag withers and falls off by itself.
In conclusion, it is easy to remove skin tags at home. You just have to try some proven safe methods before doing it solo. You can start with either of the above and see how it goes. Try to stick to one method of skin tag removal.
Otherwise, you can save a lot of money by using a safe DIY skin-tag removal product or a home-remedy skin tag remover as opposed to going to a dermatologist clinic.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- What Is the History of Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)? - November 7, 2018
- Addiction Treatment with Ibogaine - November 5, 2018
- Heart and Blood Vessel Diseases – Risk Factors and Treatment - October 30, 2018