11. Plank Rows (Renegade Rows)
- Get in a push-up plank with dumbbells;
- Keep the core tight as you row the weight up to the outside of your chest, elbow being pulled straight up.
12. Plank Lateral Jumps
- Start on elbows or top of a push-up, whichever suits you;
- Squeeze your legs together and jump feet from side to side;
- If you have a stepper, you can use it to jump over.
13. Plank Thrusters
- Push-up start position;
- Keep your shoulders in line above hands;
- Jump your feet forward between your hands and back out to a tight plank.
14. One-Leg Plank
- Starting from the classic plank, lift one leg off the ground;
- Hold for a count and lower to repeat on the other side.
15. One-Arm Plank
- From the classic plank, lift one arm off the ground;
- Have it extended alongside of the body;
- Repeat for the other arm.
16. Bird Dog Plank
- A combination of both #15 and #16;
- Keep the hips square and have your eyes fixed on something for balance.
17. Wall Plank
- Place the hands on the ground, and slowly walk your feet up a wall;
- Stop once your body is completely straight from shoulders to walls.
18. Plank Hip Twisters
- Start in the classic position and rotate your hips;
- Tap a hip on the ground along your center line;
- Return to plank start and repeat other side.
19. Stability Ball Plank
- Place your elbows on a stability ball and make sure they are directly under your shoulders;
- Push through your shoulders to maintain proper former.
20. Plank Leg Raises
- A variation of the 1-legged plank;
- Start in the classic plank and keep your leg straight and foot flexed as you lift it off the ground;
- Lower it to tap your toe and quickly pull it back up;
- Complete all reps on one side before switching to the next.
Read more on the next page.
Latest posts by Melissa Bell (see all)
- The 5-Step Marketing Research Process - September 28, 2022
- Constipation FAQS - September 23, 2022
- Why Does My Back Hurt and What Can Be Done to Stop the Pain Nonsurgically? - September 12, 2022