One of the consequences of being sedentary, and also being incredibly active, is back pain. About 31 million Americans experience lower back pain at any given moment. It’s a common affliction and one that takes care and diligence to eliminate.
Whether you experience stiffness, aches, or spasms, the following stretches will help keep your back fit and strong.
1. The hamstring floor stretch.
Hold for 30 seconds twice for each leg.
2. Knee to chest stretch.
This helps strengthen and relax your glutes. Hold for 20 seconds for each leg twice
3. Spinal stretch.
This was a favorite of mine when i suffered sciatica. Hold for 20 seconds and repeat on the other knee. Do this as many times as you like but don’t overdo it.
4. The piriformis stretch.
Hold for 30 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
5. The hip flexors stretch.
Hold for 30 seconds and then switch and repeat.
6. The quadriceps lying down stretch.
Hold for 30 seconds on each side. Do this one twice on each side.
7. The total back stretch.
Hold this for 30 seconds and then try this:
Hold for 10 seconds on both sides.
With any luck, this will have your lower back feeling great again!
- The Benefits and Risks of Dental Implant Procedures - January 9, 2021
- What Is Iontophoresis and How It Can Stop Your Sweating? - January 9, 2021
- Eight Reasons to Get Into Cold-Weather Exercise - January 8, 2021